For a long time there has been conversations and arguments regarding what Article V is about, how to use it and what does it mean. Many in the so called ‘conservative’ ranks operate on fear relative to the progressive/communist taking possession of Congress, the Presidency, Courts and even into the States and local offices. Fear is a good thing and does allow for caution but, fear without full knowledge, understanding and strategy leave one paralyzed to act.
I was asked to join the fray of those discussing this issue. Everyone goes to the so called experts. One of the major problems in our nation is that we look to academia, politicians, lawyers and think-tanks as the experts. That is NOT what the Founders intended. They expected that each Citizen, that means you, would be the expert in self-governance and our Constitutional form of federalism.
So I’m going to let you listen for yourselves what this one Citizen has figured out. I preface these video’s with me being a Citizen Circa 1774 to 1804, meaning:
- I can read
- I understood the events of the Revolution
- I known that even most enterprise, craftsmen, business people understood common law and the English system of law & justice
- Knew that states had more than one convention for various purposes
- Understood my state Constitution and how it was formed
- Had a good sense about the Articles of Confederation
- Read the Federalist arguments in the news Papers
- Read the Contrary – Anti-Federalist Article in the news papers
- Understood the reporting of my states “Ratifying Convention”
- Paid attention what was happening in the first Congresses
- Active in local as well as national issues
The Article V Confusion:
Part 1 – Introduction, Opinions and some history of Conventions in America: http://youtu.be/YjRYofQVIu4
Part 2 – The Compact for America – described as the properly outlined and historically correct Template for the Amendment process as called by the State: http://youtu.be/xMw_vDOiQNc
Part 3 – Action Items – What we must do! http://youtu.be/5A-7Mg5FQUc
The challenge is to Be a Citizen as our Founders Intended us to be. I heard Trevor Loudon last saying again that we are the last hope of the world for any idea of Liberty. Knowing our historical truths are critical to restoring our Republic.
Be engaged with your feet on the street to inform your neighbor or we shall have the 100 year plan of progressive communism thrust upon us in full force. I was reminded that when ‘original Massachusetts Bay Charter’ was revoked and James II sent a governor (Sir Edmond Andors) to Boston, He was met by an Armed Citizenry that escorted him to prison where he remained for over ten months. The point being that the Citizens did not put up with tyranny. But today, we have been made so stupid regarding our Rights and Liberties that we have allowed all that our ancestors fought and died for slip into the hand of the evils they wrote, talked and preached against.
God Help us to restore Liberty that is in Him first!